Buzzard Ranch Sales Policy
The purpose of this contract or policy is to develop a mutual agreement between the buyer (you) and the seller (me).
- NO animals will be sold for meat. This is non-negotiable.
- Goats are herd animals, so singular animals will not be sold unless other goats are owned.
- All animals (except for wethers) will have the option to come with ADGA papers, transferable to your name.
- Intact bucklings will not be sold unless you own intact males or have experience with them and have a safe place to keep them, separate from does.
- Not all males born on our farm will have the option to stay intact. There are too many mediocre bucks in the world already, and we would like to avoid contributing to that. If there is a buck born who we feel is superior enough to sire kids, that will be an option.
- $100 non-refundable deposit to reserve or hold kids. Deposit goes towards your payment for the animal.
- If the gender you want is not born, your deposit can be rolled over to another kid or refunded.
- Animals are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Those with deposits get priority.
- All goats must be payed for in full before they leave us.
- The animals I sell will always be reasonably priced according to their lineage and potential. It has always been my belief that quality does not need to come at an exorbitant price.
- Ask us about a 4H/FFA discount.
- All animals will be disbudded, weaned, castrated (if applicable), and up to date on CD&T vaccines upon sale.
- You must have proper shelter, shade, space, and fencing. Goats must NOT be tethered.
- I will be fully honest with you on the known disease status of my animals. I take pride in the fact that Buzzard Ranch is a clean herd, and plan to keep it that way. All goats on our property (including unregistered animals) test negative for CAE, CL, and Johne's through the Washington Animal Disease and Diagnostic Laboratory or come from herds that test negative. If this were to change at any time, you will be notified promptly and arrangements will be made accordingly.
- Please contact me for transport details.
- If you are unavailable on the date we arrange for pick up/drop off, a boarding fee of $2 per day will be charged. We will hold your kid for a maximum of 3 weeks, if it comes to this.
- I don't want you to think that our relationship ends when you get the animal. You can contact me at any time with any questions you may have.